Monday 18 April 2011

Tinkle Your Way to Happiness - Sharon Ellam

There’s something about creating your own music that is food for the soul. It calms – it uplifts – it excites – it fulfills. It’s about this ‘soul food’ that leads adults or retirees to seek piano lessons. For me, teaching piano to adults is FUN!
As a child, we learn piano simply because we want to, or our parents want us to. The reasons for learning as an adult are so much more exciting! A grey nomad knocked at my door recently to ask for lessons. At his ripe old age he was still meeting a childhood challenge. His aunt (who he lived with) had told him that despite his 3 cousins learning piano, he wouldn’t have the ability. So today he arrived to meet that challenge!
Mothers sometimes learn because they want to join the fun with their kids – or because they want to keep up with them. 
Whatever the reason – whatever the style of music preferred – whatever the age, adults can still learn piano! And believe it or not, they advance quicker than most children!
Some locals have seen my blackboard in Laycock St opposite Hype. It says that I teach ages 4 – 104 years for fun or exams (some of my merry adult students suggest I should give a discount for age greater than 104 years). I teach from home on a Yamaha Gold Series Upright piano. The piano is so beautiful that on a good day the birds sing along & the kookaburras even join in!
If you want to contact me you can do it by:
Phone 0419 161516, email sharon@ellamentary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment