Working Bee at Progress Hall, 197 Skye Point Rd, Coal Point.Sunday 22nd January 9am till noon.Morning tea at 10am and lunch at 12pm, enjoyable company provided.Join us for however long you have available, all time given is greatly appreciated.
We are getting quite a few bookings at the hall this year and a good clean up is needed.
These working bees are a great way to support our local community group to maintain our hall for our community.
Tasks on the day include:
- Cleaning of outside walls especially around entrance way- hose/cleaner needed
- General cleaning inside - floors, facilities
- Internal walls - removal of the scuff marks and cobwebs in corners
- Kitchen area - general tidying
- Water blast the entrance path - it can get slippery BYO water blaster
- Windows (inside and out) - cleaning of glass, window sills need dead fly burials
- Clear Gutters - lots of twig/leaf debris on roof- there is gutter guard
- Chair relocation from stage
- Stage area - reorganising in preparation for new filing cabinets/storage
- Grounds maintenance - trim/mow lawn - BYO trimmer/mower
- Planning for future & more regular working bees.
- Cleaning products, cloths and disposable gloves are provided.
If you'd like to drop by and renew you CPPA membership or join up there'll be lots of Committee members to welcome you.
In 1946 some locals bought some land and raised some funds and built Progress Hall in 1951. It is a part of our local history and part of the CPPA's commitment to the community is to maintain the upkeep of the hall for community use.
If you'd like more information on what the day will hold please contact Suzanne firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're coming please RSVP so we cater efficiently.